Swiss Center for Mountain Regions
SAB was established in 1943 with the aim to
1) defend the interests of mountains within Switzerland
2) Inform the public about mountain topics
3) provide support and expertise to mountain actors.
SAB is a non profit organization and is based in Berne, Switzerland. SAB counts as members: 23 of the 26 Swiss cantons, 700 municipalities, 41 Swiss mountain regions and more than 100 agricultural, touristic and industrial Organisations.
Long lasting experience in mountain farming, rural development, regional development and international cooperation.
- counseling service for rural constructions, counseling service for rural development projects (4 persons working at the technical services department in Brugg) and counseling service for regional and local development (e.g. counseling for municipality network Alliance in the Alps in Switzerland, development of 2 shops for regional projects, development of mountain brand);
- political lobbying in the interest of mountain regions. Former expertise in Romania, helping to establish ROMONTANA.
Ever since close contacts to ROMONTANA and other Romanian partners through Euromontana (project financed by SDC).
More on www.sab.ch
Copyright 2014 © Carpatsheep. All rights reserved